Today, I’m sharing a delicious recipe that’s perfect as a snack. This is the Mexican version of fried cheese, a tasty breaded cheese which is covered in Mexican green sauce with a touch of Queso Fresco Cremoso® El Mexicano®. It’s a super quick and easy recipe to make!
BREADED CHEESE WITH SALSA VERDE
Cheese is one of my favorite options when it comes to preparing snacks because it’s super versatile for preparing in different ways. If you follow my recipes you’ll notice that queso fresco/fresh cheese is what I recommend the most because of its low fat content. I tend to use white cheese because it contains less fat. And, no, cream cheese does not count!
I was able to find among El Mexicano® Brand Products, this delightful Queso Fresco Cremoso® as well as Queso Fresco Casero®. My favorite is the creamier one, Queso Fresco Cremoso®, but you can also use either Queso Fresco Casero® or Oaxaca Cheese because they all work well. In the video I’ll show you some tips for cooking with Oaxaca cheese.
This breaded cheese will be accompanied by a popular green sauce used in Mexican cuisine. Although I use serrano peppers for the sauce, you can also use jalapeño peppers – or both – to make it as spicy as you like. The combination of Queso Fresco Cremoso® and this vibrant green sauce will surprise you.
If you like, you can also add a bit of Crema Casera® El Mexicano® which in addition to giving this a mouthwatering flavor, will help in removing some of the heat factor (which is also a great option if you have children at home that don’t like spicy foods).
I use El Mexicano® Brand cheeses because they are:
– Gluten free
– rBST Hormone free
– Preservative free
– Made with sea salt
– Use Grade A milk
– Conveniently packaged for you
I buy these products in Hispanic supermarkets, which are everywhere across the US. If you want to know more about El Mexicano® Brand Products, visit: www.elmexicano.net
BREADED CHEESE WITH SALSA VERDE
- 10 OZ EL MEXICANO® QUESO FRESCO CREMOSO®
- 1 PACKAGE OF EL MEXICANO® PAN MOLIDO
- 6 TOMATILLOS OR GREEN TOMATOES
- 1 SERRANO OR JALAPEÑO PEPPER
- 2 EGGS
- 1 GARLIC CLOVE
- EL MEXICANO® CREMA CASERA®
- Dip the El Mexicano® Queso Fresco Cremoso® into the beaten eggs, making sure it all gets covered.
- Then dip the cheese in the El Mexicano® Pan Molido bread crumbs
- Repeat step one and two, dipping the breaded cheese into the remaining egg mixture then covering once again with bread crumbs.
- Spray some oil in a pan and pan fry the cheese.
- Flip the cheese, making sure it gets cooked on all sides.
- For the sauce, boil the tomatoes and peppers in water.
- When they’re done cooking, blend them with a ½ cup of water, the garlic, and salt to taste.
- If you need to, add more water or more peppers to the sauce until it achieves your desired consistency.
- Spoon the green sauce over the breaded cheese, top with sliced tomatoes and cilantro (in the video I show you how to make a tomato rose) and it’s ready!
- OPTIONAL: You can add a little El Mexicano® Crema Casera® for added flavor and/or to reduce the spice factor (ideal for children).
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom and don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends.