Forget your traditional meatloaf; with this recipe, you will be sure to wow everyone! This tasty meatloaf is healthy and chock full of vegetables and lean beef so you can enjoy a piece with no regrets. The chipotle sauce with ketchup, gives it a delicious Mexican touch that make this recipe elegant, delicious, and memorable.
CHIPOTLE MEATLOAF WITH CHEESE
How can I describe this delicious meatloaf? It is savory, spicy, cheesy and best of all good for you. This sweet chipotle cheese meatloaf is mouthwatering and full of nutrition. In fact, it is so good you may just have a second helping. But do not worry, it is full of hearty vegetables in every bite. This chipotle cheese meatloaf is sure to leave you satisfied and nourished – that is a great feeling.
Are you having trouble getting your kids to eat vegetables? You are not the only one. Many kids will make a face just at the mention of vegetables. So, how can you get them to eat healthy and enjoy it? The secret is to disguise vegetables in a tasty meal that they will love. My chipotle cheese meatloaf is just the right entrée for picky eaters. It is so cheesy and delicious that your kids will not even notice all the nutritious vegetables hidden inside!
Traditional meatloaf is a little boring and rarely includes healthy vegetables like in this recipe. Another flaw is that most meatloaf recipes use eggs and breadcrumbs, which add extra fat and calories. This meatloaf uses some of the traditional ingredients like Worcestershire sauce and ketchup, but adds healthy vegetables and a bit of spice with a smoky chipotle pepper sauce. This recipe is perfect because it has all the health benefits of vegetables without the extra calories and cholesterol from extra ingredients. This recipe is great for people with high cholesterol as it uses lean meat and no eggs. It is also perfect for low-carb diets because it is made of only lean and savory meat, tender vegetables, and melty cheese – no breadcrumbs!
This recipe is sure to become one of your favorites. So throw out that boring old meatloaf recipe and try something with a little spice. Let me know how yours turned out and send me pictures and comments on Instagram and Facebook #SpicyLatinaMom
CHIPOTLE MEATLOAF WITH CHEESE
2 grated zucchini
2 grated carrots
1 chopped celery stalk
1 grated chayote squash
2.2 lbs. or 1 kg of lean beef
5 tbsp of chopped onions
2 tbsp of chopped cilantro
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp of mustard
1 tbsp of oregano
1 tsp of ground black pepper
½ tsp of cumin
1 cup of ketchup
1 chipotle pepper
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
Manchego, Chihuahua or mozarela cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C
- In a colander, mix the zucchini, carrot, celery and chayote squash. Add 1 tsp of salt and mix again. Set the vegetables aside and allow them to drain to reduce the cook time
- In a separate bowl, mix the beef, mustard, garlic, black pepper, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and a ½ tsp of salt.
- Once the vegetables have drained for at least 10 minutes, spread them on a paper towel and apply some pressure to drain the remaining excess water.
- Add the vegetables to the beef mixture and mix well.
- In a blender, mix the ketchup and the chipotle pepper until it is completely pulverized.
- Put the beef and vegetable mixture in a baking dish. Don’t worry about greasing the dish; the meat and vegetables will release enough fat and water to keep the meatloaf from sticking to it.
- Cover the meatloaf with the chipotle ketchup and spread evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven. Let it cook for 40 minutes, then check to see if it is done. You can do so by sticking a knife in it to see if it is cooked.
- Take it out of the oven and drain any excess liquid. Add cheese and onions and put it back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro over the cheese.
- Ready! Serve it with a yummy green salad or with a broccoli soup.
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends. ❤Laura