This is a delicious recipe of healthy paella, a delicious dish very easy and complete gives Spain to the world, best of all in its healthy version without frying or using oil.
In this opportunity I bring you a Spanish dish with a lot of history, the paella !.
But in its healthy version so that all people can eat it.
The first known paella recipe appears in a late eighteenth-century manuscript, formerly called Valencian rice, since it is originally from Valencia. It can be said that there are two versions, one with chicken and rabbit meat, rice and vegetables, and another that can be made with fish and seafood, which is how I prepare it this time.
This is a typical Spanish dish, the most famous of all, prepared by all families, are in the restaurants and recognized worldwide as the gastronomic emblem of Spain.
To make this dish healthy, you have to change some ways to prepare it:
Do not put anything greasy or fry any ingredient. It is important to remove excess fat from the chicken and do not use butter or oil for the rice.
It is important to know that Spanish sausage has a lot of fat, so be careful if you are going to use it. I use sausage instead, you can use turkey sausage or roast like the one I use.
For the yellow color saffron is used, but it is too expensive (or at least where I live). So you can skip it or use yellow vegetable dye instead.
If you like this recipe you will love the quinoa salad with shrimps !
- chicken to taste
- Seafood mix to taste
- Chorizo Español or sausages
- 1 Rosemary
- 3 cups of rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 pinch of Saffron or food coloring
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Bell pepper
- Mix of vegetables
- IN THE BLENDER WE PUT A TOMATO, GARLIC CLOVES, FOOD COLORING AND A PINCH OF SALT
- IN A PAN PLACE THE CHICKEN WITH THE SAUSAGES AND PART OF THE CHOPPED ONION
- Place the rice and the other part of onion chopped on another pan and toast for 2 minutes, then add the water, the tomatoe sauce and rosemary.
- Add the chicken, sausages, mix of vegetables, seafood and salt to taste
- Add the bell pepper (previously toasted and without skin) chopped.
- Cover and let boil for about 20 minutes
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom and don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
For more recipes like this check out this: Chicken recipes
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends.