This fruit gelatin with yogurt is the perfect healthy dessert that is good for the whole family. This recipe is delicious and very nutritious. Learn about the health benefits of the fruit, gelatin and yogurt in this recipe and how to prepare it. You will love the freshness and sweetness of this yogurt gelatin with fruit so much, that you will gladly serve it to your family.
COCONUT YOGURT GELATIN WITH FRUIT
Fruit gelatin with yogurt is a fresh, sweet and delectable recipe. Sweet strawberries, juicy mangoes and succulent grapes top a creamy coconut yogurt gelatin that is full of tasty coconut pieces. This recipe uses fresh tropical flavors, but you can use any flavors of your choice. You can make this recipe your own by adding your favorite seasonal fruits – you can use anything except kiwi and pineapple, as they do not allow the gelatin to set. A variety of fruit helps with digestion, brain function, energy, detoxification and so much more. Fruit is a wonderful addition to this dessert because it is full of vitamins and nutrients that are good for you with sweet and tangy flavors that are good for your palate.
Another great part of this dessert is the gelatin. Did you know that gelatin has several health benefits for your whole body? Because it is a protein, it is great for bones and joints and can improve conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis by treating inflammation in the joints. Its healthy benefits don’t stop there; its high collagen content make it excellent for growing and maintaining healthy skin, hair and nails. Gelatin is the perfect guilt-free treat that you and your family can enjoy several servings of, knowing that it is nourishing your whole body.
Yogurt has recently become very popular. Look in your local grocery store and you will see that yogurt now comes in a variety of flavors for adults and kids. However, many companies add sweeteners, artificial colors and chemicals to make their products more appetizing. All those additives outweigh the benefits of yogurt for the body, so there are not many healthy options when it comes to giving your family a yogurt that is healthy and delicious. This recipe is great because it uses plain natural yogurt without all the unhealthy extra ingredients. Yogurt is so good for you because it has probiotics – bacteria that are good for digestion and immune health. Yogurt also has protein and nutrients like calcium that are great for muscle and bone growth.
It is so amazing that you can have a tasty dessert that is healthy and low in calories. This Fruit gelatin with yogurt is an easy and yummy way to nourish your whole body and keep it healthy. This recipe is so easy and fun, that you will definitely enjoy making it and eating it. Please let me know how yours turned out, share your pictures with #SpicyLatinaMom on Instagram, and follow me on Facebook for more recipes and healthy tips.
FRUIT GELATIN WITH YOGURT
6 packets of unflavored gelatin (1 oz or 28 gr each)
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 cup of strawberries
2 cups of grapes
2 cups of plain yogurt
6 cups of water
¼ cup of grated coconut
6 tbsp of coconut extract
- Dissolve 4 packets of gelatin in 1 cup of room temperature water and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a pot, add 1 cup of sugar and 4 tbsp of coconut extract to 4 cups of water. Heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add the cup of gelatin to the hot mixture. Mix until gelatin is dissolved completely and let the mixture cool.
- Spray your dish with nonstick cooking spray and put it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. You can use a napkin to make sure the whole dish is evenly covered.
- Slice the strawberries and mangoes.
- Remove your dish from the refrigerator and place your fruit in whatever pattern you like.
- Once the fruit is placed, gently fill the dish with the gelatin mixture just enough to cover the fruit.
- Place the gelatin with fruit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Dissolve 2 packets of gelatin in 1 cup of room temperature water and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of plain yogurt, 2 more tbsp. of coconut extract, and ¼ cup of grated coconut to the liquid mixture and whisk together until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Add the gelatin to the mixture until it is dissolved.
- Gently pour the mixture over the fruit in the dish and put it back in the refrigerator to set for 4-6 hours.
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends. ❤Laura