Today I’m going to teach you how to prepare barbacoa in an easy way.
A Mexican dish that in my family is special for Sundays, for breakfast or lunch, these tacos are wonderful, especially if you have a hangover, just add some lime and a lot of salsa and listo!
Always is accompanied by a spicy sauce, but if you don’t like the spicy don’t worry, they are still delicious without it.
Mexican Barbacoa Beef for Tacos or Burritos
The concept of “barbacoa” is a form of cooking meat, it’s originated in the Caribbean, but in México we have several ways of preparing them, with different types of meat or condiments depending on the region.
First of all, i’m going to teach you how to make the northern recipe, I’m from Chihuahua, Mexico ¡and this recipe is so popular!. On Sundays, there are people who prepare them at home and sell them to their neighbors, or in food stalls on the street.
Also, the traditional way of eating barbacoa is in a taco with corn tortilla, spicy sauce and sometimes with guacamole. In this, I also love to add onion, cilantro, and lemon.
But if you don’t like the spicy sauce you can just add the cilantro, onion, and lemon, you gonna love it!
- 2 1/2 pounds chuck steak
- 3 cups water
- 5 leaves bay
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion chopped (for the meat)
- 1 spoon salt
- 1/2 spoon marjoram
- 1/2 spoon thyme
- 1/2 spoon cumin
- 1/2 spoon black pepper
- 1/2 spoon oregano
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- coriander to taste
- 3 spoons onion chopped (for the tacos)
- Cut the meat in pieces
- On the water add the bay leaves, the garlic cloves, half of the onion and the meat
- Mix all the condiments (salt, marjoram. thyme, cumin, pepper, oregano and garlic cloves chopped) and add to the meat
- Put on the top of this the other half of the onion
- Add salt to taste
- Close with aluminium foil and put in the oven at 360º F (180º C)
- Left in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Take out the juice
- Left in the oven for another 20 minutes
- shredder the meat and make tacos with the warm tortillas, add onion and coriander to taste
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom and don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
For more recipes like this check out this: Mexican Recipes
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends.