Thanks to the great folks at Nabisco for making this yummy Día del Niño recipe possible. My comments and opinions are my own.
Hi amigos! El Dia del Niño is getting close and didn’t want to miss this opportunity to share with you one of my favorite recipes for kids, is spring…. time of blooming flowers, butterflies and of course LADYBUGS!! Kids really love decorated food and this is a very original idea of Ladybugs made of veggies that they will love to eat for a snack.
Since I have my baby boy Jorge Daniel Dia del niño has become more special, ever since then every day is Dia del Niño for us, but this April 30th we are having some of my nieces coming over from Mexico so I been thinking about ideas they would love for a snack, this is super easy to make recipe with some delicious crackers so let’s turn Up the Yum for this Dia del Niño!
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 slices lengthwise, then in half crosswise
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 16 RITZ Garlic Butter Crackers (or Italian Herbs)
- 5 oz. queso fresco, cut into 24 slices
- 8 grape tomatoes, each cut lengthwise into 3 slices
- 8 black olives
- 4 cilantro sprigs
How to make it
- TOSS avocado slices with lime juice.
- Cut grape tomatoes and black olives in half
- TOP crackers first with cheese and avocados and then with grape tomatoes and black olives
- Decorate adding the cilantro sprigs as antennas and some dots on the ladybug with tiny black olives cut in pieces.
This recipe is so fun to make when you do it with children, they really enjoy getting creative and of course eating they merienda, the perfect snack for the spring. So is Merienda time!!
Merienda is a typical Mexican tradition of a light snack during the evening sometime between lunch and dinner.
Be sure to visit the Día del Niño Nabisco Pinterest Board here for more Latin-inspired merienda ideas and don´t forget to leave your comments below and sharing your photos with me on Social Media!
I’m sharing with you a coupon so if you decide to try this recipe on your own you can save a dollar on any of this Nabisco Products, enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.