Delicious Tinga chicken recipe quick, easy and economical to prepare, best of all: it’is fat-free! so you can give the best to your family as they deserve it, plus it’s an authentic Mexican recipe!
With the spicy twist of Spicy Latina Mom. Enjoy it!
Chicken Tinga Recipe
This delicious dish of chicken tinga is one of the favorites, it is a very representative food of the Mexican gastronomy, it originates in the State of Puebla, where it originates the mole poblano and the chiles en Nogada. Without a doubt Puebla is the capital of flavor!
In many places they prepare it with beef, even with pork, but the traditional one, which I recommend is the chicken, I feel that makes the sauce has a better flavor, which is prepared with a mixture of vegetables.
Normally they are eaten on toast, I recommend the baked toast, in fact, you can do it yourself by putting a taco omelette in the microwave for 2 minutes, turn it over and put it back and you get a toast! (And the best thing is: without any fat!)
For my vegetarian friends I have news! You can also prepare the tinga with soy meat and you can enjoy this Mexican delight.
If you aren’t dieting you can also try the tinga as a filling of some dishes, such as tacos or gorditas.
Here’s another healthy recipe you can try: Nopales salad
Mexican Chicken Tinga
- 2 tomatoe
- 1 chile chipotle
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 chile de árbol
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tortilla
- salt to taste
- PLACE CHICKEN BREADS IN A WATER CONTAINER, ADD A GARLIC CLOVE, ONE ONION SLICE, BAY LEAF, 2 CHILES DE ÁRBOL AND SALT.
- ADD IN THE BLENDER THE COOKED TOMATOES WITHOUT SKIN, A GARLIC CLOVE AND CHILE CHIPOTLE, BLEND
- PLACE THE TORTILLAS IN A PLATE, PUT INTO THE MICROWAVE FOR 1 MINUTE, TURN AND PONLAS FOR ANOTHER MINUTE, WITH THIS YOU GET BAKED TOASTS, WITHOUT FAT.
- PUT THE SAUCE TO BOIL
- PLACE THE ONIONS IN THE PAN FOR A FEW MINUTES AND MOVE TO AVOID STICKING
- ADD CHICKEN AND SAUCE, MIX, LET THE SAUCE BE CONSUMED A LITTLE BEFORE SERVING, TEST AND ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE.
- SERVE ON TOASTES WITH BEANS AND AVOCADO, IN PLACE OF CREAM YOU CAN PUT A LITTLE OF NATURAL YOGURT.
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom and don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
For more recipes like this check out this: Mexican Food
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends.