Prepare a delicious homemade chorizo of soy! At home, easy, fast and economical. You can use it to make some delicious tacos or to combine it with your favorite dish and add flavor. Much healthier than pork sausage! And with a great taste.
Vegan tacos with soy meat
This tasty vegetarian chorizo recipe is very quick to prepare, very easy to make and of course economic, all this without affecting the delicious taste of the original chorizo and of course perfect for the Lenten season.
The best thing about these tacos is that they are healthy, since soy meat is a very good substitute for animal meat, because its most important property is to be a great source of protein that doesn’t have fat, so it’s perfect for people suffering from cholesterol and of course for people who are on a diet.
In addition to this, there are also studies that indicate that soy meat has a strong anticancer action at the breast and prostate level mainly.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can be prepared at any time of the year, and of course you can make variations on non-Lent days, using beef or turkey, or if you don’t have any diet you can use pork.
Vegan Chorizo Tacos
Vegan Tacos with soy meat
- 4 chile guajillo
- 2 chile ancho
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tbsp cloves
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 7 cups of textured soy
- 3 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- CRUSH THE SOYA MEAT SO THAT IT REMAINS AS THE TEXTURE OF THE GROUND BEEF
- TOAST THE GARLIC, THE ONION AND THE CHILES
- WHILE WE PUT THE WATER TO BOIL AND ADD THE CHILES THAT WE WERE TOASTING AND LEAVE IT FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES.
- WE WILL PUT ALL IN THE BLENDER WITH A CUP OF WATER, VINEGAR, SEEDS OF CILANTRO, BAY LEAVES, BLACK PEPPER, ORÉGANO, CUMIN, CINNAMON , CLOVES, A SPOON OF SALT
- YOU CAN ADD 1/2 CUP OF WATER IF YOU WISH
- PUT OUR SAUCE TO SOY TO HYDRATE, IF YOU SEE THAT YOU NEED TO HYDRATE YOU CAN ADD WATER AGAIN, COVER IT AND LET IT BE RESTED
- FINALLY, ADD OUR PREPARATION OF CHORIZO IN TORTILLAS AND ADD A ONION, CILANTRO AND OF COURSE LEMON TO TASTE.
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom
And don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
For more recipes like this check out this: Vegan Recipes
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends.